Thanks for your interest in submitting a guest post on Downtown Homestead! We’re always interested in receiving well-written, unique posts from a variety of viewpoints which will encourage, inspire and/or educate our readers.
Before submitting your post for consideration, please note the following guidelines:
- Submission of your guest post does not guarantee publication. Your submission will be reviewed and if it will benefit Downtown Homestead readers, it is likely to be published.
- In keeping with the spirit of Downtown Homestead, guest posts should offer helpful advice on urban homesteading or be of interest to those seeking to pursue this lifestyle.
- Posts must be high-quality, original content (i.e. not published anywhere else online).
- Preference will be given to those who demonstrate a genuine interest in Downtown homestead as a reader or follower. Submissions with a “visit my site” or “check out my product” type feel will not be accepted. Likewise, submissions which appear to be strictly PR- or SEO-related will not be accepted.
- Make sure any links in your post are relevant and valid. Links deemed to be irrelevant to the main idea of your post will be removed without notice. Likewise, any non-working links will be removed without notice.
- Please limit your post to 2000 words or less.
- Use of bullets, lists and short paragraphs is highly encouraged as it makes reading much easier.
- Please do not email your submission in HTML format, instead put it into word or text format and attach all relevant pictures(include disclaimer that you have license to use the photos). If you have specific places you want photos, include [picture_name] in text area.
- Please make a concerted effort to use correct spelling, grammar and punctuation. Due to time constraints, submissions which require excessive editing cannot be accepted.
- Include a short bio (100 words or less) at the end of your post. Feel free to include a link to your site.
- Downtown homestead does not offer or accept monetary compensation for guest posts at this time.
- Do not create spam backlinks to your Guest Post, or it will be deleted. You are welcome to promote it, but pointing something like 10,000 spam blog comments at a post will result in deletion of the post, and we will redirect the spam links to your own site.
Submissions that closely adhere to these guidelines are much more likely to be published!
If you submit a query (i.e. an idea for a guest post as opposed to a guest post submission in full), we will review it and contact you if we are interested in pursuing the next step. If you do not hear from us within 2-3 weeks after submitting your query, you may assume we do not think it is a good fit for our readers.
If you would like to submit your guest post for review, please email it here with “Guest Post Submission” in the subject line.
- Your full name.
- Your URL (if applicable).
- Your post title.
- The body of your post.
- Attach any images you’d like to include (not required).
- A short bio.